If you work or live outside Denmark

There are special rules if you relocate abroad or work outside Denmark.

If you relocate abroad
If you relocate outside Denmark permanently, you can have your pension savings disbursed even if you have not reached retirement age. You must pay a tax to the Danish state of 60 percent, which will be deducted from the disbursement.

Here you can download the form to fill in to have your pension savings disbursed:

If you work outside Denmark
If you work outside Denmark and do not have to pay full tax in Denmark, you can apply for exemption from paying tax on the return you receive from your pension savings. Contact Skatteforvaltningen, if you want to apply.

If Skatteforvaltningen grants you exemption, you must send us a copy of the confirmation. 

PensionDanmark, Customer Service
Langelinie Allé 43
DK-2100 Copenhagen Ø

If you subsequently have to pay tax on the return on your pension once again, you must notify us.