Pension Scheme for Danish citizens
Each month, your employer pays part of your salary into a pension scheme.
The size of the amount depends on the collective agreement at your workplace. As a general rule, your employer pays 2/3 of the amount and you pay 1/3.
Most of your pension contributions go towards your pension, but your pension sheme also includes insurances which cover next of kin, for instance in the event you die before retirement.
This is how you and your family are insured
- PensionDanmark Health care offers treatment of workrelated problems in joints, muscles and sinews. Treatment is given by physical therapist, chiropractor, massage therapist, zonetherapist.
If you become disabled
- Payment of disability pension, maximum sum is DKK 66,000 per year.
- You can change the insurance level +/- 50 per cent.
- Each year PensionDanmark saves up a sum of maximum DKK 27.000 into your pension scheme.
If you become critically ill
- Lump sum payment of DKK 100,000.
- Option of capital pension payment (lump sum).
If you die before retirement
- Your family receive your entire savings less tax to the Danish state - but with at least one minimum lump sum of DKK 500,000.
- You can change the minimum lump sum to DKK 0, 250,000, 750,000 or 1,000,000.
- The minimum sum is scaled according to age.
When you retire
- Old-age pension each month.
- Instalment pension each month for 10 years.